Living in Saskatoon, Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis, Sarina has been proud to call Ward 8 home for nearly three decades. Raised by her immigrant parents and grandparents in the Ward, Sarina feels a multi-generational connection to the Ward’s diverse and vibrant community. Ward 8 is made up of the following neighbourhoods: Briarwood, Brighton, College Park, East College Park, Greystone Heights, Hillcrest Management Area, Holmwood and Wildwood.
Sarina can be seen volunteering at a number of events and for a variety of causes, enjoys cycling and supporting local businesses. She is a proud University of Saskatchewan graduate and has a far-reaching understanding of different cultures and approaches to problem-solving, gained through extensive world travel. Sarina is a GIS Analyst (i.e. makes maps).
Sarina brings her enthusiasm and fresh ideas about how Ward 8 and this city can remain inclusive, safe and sustainable for people of all generations and abilities.
City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities & Corporate Services, Chair
- Standing Policy Committee on Transportation
- Saskatoon Environmental Advisory Committee (SEAC)
- Canadian Urban Transit Association’s (CUTA) Transit Board Members Committee, Chair
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA) Board of Directors
- Meewasin Valley Authority Board of Directors
- Partners FOR the Saskatchewan River Basin (PFSRB) Board of Directors
- Idea's Inc. Board of Directors
- International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) Member
- Leadership in Brownfield Renewal Program (LiBRe) Member
Strategic Priority Area:
Along with City Councillor Mairin Loewen, Sarina is co-leading Council’s strategic priority area of Environmental Sustainability to transform our position as one of the highest emitters of greenhouse gas emissions in the world to a model city of innovation in energy conservation, renewables, and waste diversion. The City of Saskatoon is experiencing a continuing decline in environmental quality related to waste, ecological footprint and air quality. City Council will be working to reverse this trend.
Past City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- North Central Transportation Planning Committee
- Traffic Safety Committee
- Centennial Auditorium & Convention Centre (TCU Place) Board of Directors
- Marr Residence Board of Directors
Other Board & Committee Experience:
- Saskatchewan Environmental Society Board of Directors (past)
- Bus Riders of Saskatoon (past)
- Steering Committee, Finance Committee, External Committee, Media Representative
Do you like this page?