This is the first multi-year budget for the City of Saskatoon. A great summary of all things related to the budget can be found on the City's website.
In summary, the 2020 and 2021 budget includes:
- Greater investment in core services - parks, sidewalks, transit, roads, bridges
- Transit service expansion into Brighton in 2021
- Focus on Growth Plan implementation and Corridor Planning/Infill Development
- Beginning implementation of Low Emissions Community Plan through multiple community and corporate initiatives
- Address the growing backlog of property maintenance and nuisance complaints
- Approved borrowing for the Saskatoon Public Library's new Central Library
- Approved resources needed to tackle the increasing pressures of higher rates of crime/severity in Saskatoon and to keep citizens safe
- Investments in utility-related projects, to maintain safe and reliable services
- Beginning to meaningfully resolve the historical waste services deficit
- Continued prioritization of investment in snow and ice management
Do you like this page?